Thursday 8 November 2012

Hand Made.

I spend a great deal of my time working on the computer, a great tool and a necessity, but I love working with my hands.
I try to get as much hands on work on my projects as I can.
This ranges from site work, helping the craftsmen who assemble the interiors through to making
bespoke products for my interiors.
This is crucial for a designer as it helps the designer to understand the trade, and design with the tradesmen and there capabilities in mind.
For the Mail+More project in North London, I have been commissioned  to create bespoke lighting,
as well as wall clocks.
These small hand made products can add  warmth to a project, as well as give it the unique feel, which helps it to stand out amongst its competitors
For this project I am working with cardboard which is a great material, but very unforgiving.
I will let you know how it works out once installed.

Card and red gloss paint.


My son is always on hand to help out.







No comments:

Post a Comment